April 27, 2018 – -Provided by Almond Board of California & Safe Food Alliance .
ALMOND SPECIFIC PRODUCE: SAFETY ALLIANCE GROWER TRAINING COURSE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Almond growers or farm-type operations (huller/shellers) even if you will be utilizing the grower exemption.
TRAINING DATES (Courses begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:00 p.m.)
May 21 | Modesto
Almond Board of California
1150 9th Street, Ste. 1500
May 30 | Chico
2035 Business Lane
June 19 | Madera
Madera Clubhouse Restaurant
23200 Avenue 17
- $35 registration fee, which includes lunch and certificate at
completion of the training.
- Registration is limited to one representative per company and
the first 40 to return their form and payment, per event.
- Send the attached registration form to Jayme Puthoff via fax or
email at email@example.com or 209.549.8267.
Payment must be received within 5 business days to reserve a spot.
SAFE FOOD ALLIANCE
The U.S. FDA’s Produce Safety rule requires in § 112.22(c) that for each farm, “At least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training at least equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by the Food and Drug Administration.” The PSA Grower Training Course is one way to satisfy this requirement; it is the only course currently recognized by FDA.
The trainers will spend approximately seven hours of instruction time covering content contained in these seven modules:
* Introduction to Produce Safety
* Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
* Soil Amendments
* Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
* Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
* Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
* How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
Key parts of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirements are outlined within each module, in addition to learning about best practices in produce safety. There will be time for questions and discussion, so participants should come prepared to share their experiences and produce safety questions.