Feb. 9, 2018 – -Secretary of State Alex Padilla announced the number assignments for propositions that will appear on the June Ballot. Below is a list of assigned proposition numbers for items that passed the Legislature as of January 31, 2018:
- Proposition 68—SB 5 (DeLeon- California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018) – the Water Bond passed last year by the legislature.
- Proposition 69—ACA 5 (Frazier-Motor vehicle fee and taxes: restrictions on expenditures: appropriation limit) – requires the gas taxes to be spent on transportation.
- Proposition 70—ACA 1 (Mayes-Greenhouse Gas Reserve Fund) – basically requires the legislature to reaffirm, by a 2/3 vote, the plan to spend GGRF money.
- Proposition 71 – ACA 17 (Mullin – Effective Date of Propositions) – would delay implementation of proposition from the day after the election to 5 days after the Secretary of State files the statement of the vote.
• Proposition 72—SB 558/SCA 9 (Glazer- Property taxation: new construction exclusion: rain water capture system)